Cheesy Ground Beef Pasta Skillet
This cheesy ground beef pasta skillet is one of those one-pot wonders that has excellent flavor. It has a deep savory taste that’s sure to please the whole family.
- 2 cups cooked ziti paste see NOTES
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon optional crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley and more for garnish
- salt to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions at least 1 minute. Set aside 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain the pasta without rinsing.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and brown beef as you break with a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce to medium heat. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Add garlic, onions, chilli flakes, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, parsley and 1/2 cup pasta water (or normal). Simmer until meat is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix the pasta and 1 cup mozzarella. Top with remaining cheese and top with lid. Garnish with extra parsley.
I used the leftover shaves of pasta. If you don’t have any on hand, there are cooking instructions in the recipe.
Calories: 627kcal Carbohydrates: 30g Protein: 37g Fats: 39g Saturated Fats: 17g Cholesterol: 125mg Sodium: 548 mg Potassium: 631mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Vitamin A: 1281 IU Vitamin C: 15mg Calcium: 338mg Iron: 4 mg
Full Recipe site