This firecracker chicken recipe is crunchy chicken pieces mixed with a sweet, spicy sauce. An easy dining option that will delight the whole family!
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbs tave vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a 9″ x 13″ pan with spray oil.
- Place the chicken pieces on a plate and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle cornstarch over chicken and stir evenly.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the beaten eggs.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a large frying pan. Place the chicken in a single layer and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. You may have to work in batches.
- Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in the 9″ x13″ pan.
- In a small bowl, combine buffalo sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring once in half to coat the chicken with the sauce. Top with green onions and serve.
Adapted from The Recipe Critic.
Calories: 429kcal Carbohydrates: 36 g Protein: 32 g Fats: 16g Saturated Fats: 10g Cholesterol: 172mg Sodium: 206mg Potassium: 591mg Sugar: 26g Vitamin A: 200 IU Vitamin C: 1.7mg Calcium: 42mg Iron: 1.2mg