Easy herby lemon skewers
Easy lemon chicken skewers with garlic and herbs are delicious, healthy and fast, making them perfect for summer dinners served with simple side dishes.
Ingredients For the marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- For the skewers
- 4 large, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- wooden skewers soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes
Combine all ingredients for marinade.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and place in a bowl. Pour over the marinade, cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes but up to 24 hours, covered in the fridge.
- Pass marinated chicken on soggy wooden skewers or metal skewers.
Heat an outdoor grill or stove pan, then cook the skewers, flipping them every 3-5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown everywhere.
- Remove from heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 258kcal Carbohydrates: 3g Protein: 24g Fats: 17g Saturated Fats: 3g Cholesterol: 72mg Sodium: 714mg Potassium: 434 mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 70 IU Vitamin C: 8.7mg Calcium: 20mg Iron: 0.9mg
SKEWER’S EASY RECIPES