THE BEST PERFECT EVER DEVILED EGGS
These classic, best ever deviled eggs are a must serve every holiday or cookout. Plus, an easy tip and shortcut for perfect hard-boiled eggs every time!
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash of fresh black pepper
- garnish: paprika
- Place eggs in the bottom of a saucepan; add enough cool water to cover eggs.
- Bring to a boil; cover, remove saucepan from heat, and let stand 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drain the water then fill the saucepan with cold water and ice. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Tap each egg firmly on the counter until cracks form all over the shell. Peel under cold running water.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise. Add relish, mustard, salt, and pepper; stir well.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with a bit of paprika.
You could boil one extra egg. I use the yolk (but not the whites) to help add a bit extra filling.
Calories: 54kcal | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 30mg | Vitamin A: 140IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.4mg
Source Recipes Site